The 1930 census became April 1, 2002 at
the NARA and all regional branches.
(Due to privacy laws, each census schedule becomes available
72-years after it was taken)
Questions Asked on the 1930 Census
- Street, avenue, road, etc.
- House number (in cities or towns)
- Number of dwelling house in order of visitation
- Number of family in order of vistation
- Name of each person whose place of abode on April
1, 1930, was in this family.
- Relationship of this person to the head of the
- Home owned or rented
- Value of home, if owned; or monthly rental, if
- Radio set
- Does this family live on a farm?
- Color or race
[W=White, Neg=Negro, Mex=Mexican, In=Indian, Ch=Chinese,
Jp=Japanese, Fil=Filipino, Hin=Hindu, Kor=Korean, other
races spelled out]
- Age at last birthday
- Marital condition
[S=single, M=married, Wd=widowed, D=divorced]
- Age at first marriage
- Attended school or college any time since Sept.
- Whether able to read and write
- Place of birth--PERSON
- Place of birth--FATHER
- Place of birth--MOTHER
- Language spoken in home before coming to the
- Year of immigration to the United States
- Whether able to speak English
- Trade, profession, or particular kind of work
- Industry or business
- Class of worker
- Whether actually at work yesterday (or the last
regular working day)--Yes or No
- If not, line number on Unemployment Schedule.
- Whether a veteran of U.S. military or naval
force--Yes or No
- What war or expedition?
[WW=World War, Sp=Spanish-American War, Civ=Civil War,
Phil=Philippine Insurrection, Box=Boxer Rebellion,
- Number of farm schedule [the Farm schedules no
Copyright © 2009 by the KYGenWeb Team. All
rights reserved. Copyright of submitted items
belongs to those responsible for their authorship or
creation unless otherwise assigned.